Preparing for the New DIP Process

Dom DiSc dominikus at scherkl.de
Sun Jan 21 11:46:42 UTC 2024

On Sunday, 21 January 2024 at 07:52:59 UTC, zjh wrote:
> On Sunday, 21 January 2024 at 07:51:00 UTC, zjh wrote:
>
>> You don't know the `pain `of not having a certain feature,
>
> And this feature has already been `implemented`, even without
> `any side effects`!

`class-private` is superfluous cruft. You can very easy live
without it.
And it has only no side effects, if it is implemented without
`friend`s. But without this misfeature it is incomplete.
Therefor it was decided not to implement it.

It would be ok for me to add `class-private` as is, but only with
the guarantee that `friend`s will never be added, no matter how
much the  people using it cry, because it is sometimes unusable
without them.