Fluid 0.6.0 — UI library for D

cookiewitch artha at samerion.com
Sat Jan 27 15:18:22 UTC 2024

> Fluid is a library I started developing 3 years ago when I
> joined the D community, after failing to find a suitable
> library for my gamedev project. Developing user interfaces
> through websites, games or applications is something I've spent
> a significant amount of time in the past, so I saw this as an
> opportunity for developing a solution that combines the best
> aspects of different frameworks I have previously used, whereas
> targeted at web browsers, mobile applications, games or
> desktop. Similarly to how many praise D for being both great
> for prototyping and amazingly scalable, I found that I would
> love to build something that shares both of those traits.
>
> [...]

I have fixed reported Windows build problems, and now distribute
Freetype binaries alongside the package. I've also updated
dparse, fixing the LDC build.

This means `dub run fluid:showcase` should now work
out-of-the-box on both Linux and Windows.

That's not the case for the showcase on macOS, but the DUB init
template ought to work. If you want to run the showcase `brew
install raylib` and then try `dub run fluid:showcase-raylib`. I
will soon look into non-GL rendering to help improve this.

Sorry to everybody who ran into these issues, and thank you for
your patience!