D Language Foundation November 2023 Monthly Meeting Summary

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 17:08:56 UTC 2024

On Monday, 4 March 2024 at 11:07:07 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

> ### Steve and Me
> I have to apologize to Steve. I managed to botch the initial
> recording, so whatever he and I said at the top of the meeting
> is lost. I'm pretty sure I talked about preliminary planning
> for DConf '24, but beyond that, I don't recall. I also know
> that whatever Steve reported, it wasn't anything that sparked
> debate. The first audible words I have from him are, "That's
> about all I have, really."

Sorry, I can't remember what I talked about in that timeframe.
Lost to history I guess.

> (UPDATE: Ultimately, [Átila finished the
> proposal](https://github.com/atilaneves/DIPs/blob/string-interpolation/Interpolation.md). After [a long discussion in the forums](https://forum.dlang.org/thread/unhv5u$1gps$1@digitalmars.com), Walter approved the feature and [it was merged](https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/15715). Steven Schveighoffer [is working on a spec PR](https://github.com/schveiguy/dlang.org/blob/istring/spec/istring.dd).)

The spec is updated (that link is dead because I deleted the
branch, always good to use the `y` button on github to get a link
to the direct commit). You can still see the PR here:
https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/3768

To see the spec, just go to [the current
spec](https://dlang.org/spec/istring.html), for some reason we
publish the master branch of the spec as the current release.

-Steve