Is D programming friendly for beginners?

matheus. matheus at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 16:20:29 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 12 March 2024 at 14:52:32 UTC, Mike Shah wrote:
> I really think D would be a wonderful first language. 🙂 Fast
> feedback, no need to manage memory, and easy to use built-in
> data structures would make for a nice intro course.

If you say that D would be a good language to learn in lieu
C++/Rust I'd agree, but as a First Language neither one would be
my choice.

Most here already program and know things, but as a first
language forget, at least where and when I did college (Already
knowing how to program), most people were lost with all the
concepts of C++ for example.

Bitwise shifts like << >> and the same operators being used in
cin/cout may be OK for most people already in programming and
using shell, but for those learning was a hell.

Matheus.