Beta 2.108.0

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Thu Mar 21 02:14:36 UTC 2024

On Saturday, 2 March 2024 at 17:40:29 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> Glad to announce the first beta for the 2.108.0 release, ♥ to
> the 35 contributors.
>
> This release comes with 7 major changes and 48 fixed Bugzilla
> issues, including:
>
>  - In the language, support has been added for Interpolated
> Expression Sequences.
>  - In phobos, std.uni has been upgraded to Unicode 15.1.0.
>  - In dub, the fetch command now supports multiple arguments,
> recursive fetch, and is project-aware.
>
> http://dlang.org/download.html#dmd_beta
> http://dlang.org/changelog/2.108.0.html
>
> As usual please report any bugs at
> https://issues.dlang.org
>
> -Iain
> on behalf of the Dlang Core Team

woah this release is amazing! It's solving some of my long
standing pain points missing with the language (in particular
named arguments as struct initializer replacements and
interpolated strings) - the other features may only be very niche
things, however they are absolutely plenty appreciated since they
drastically make things easier (hexstrings) or even possible in
the first place (magic initializer thingies) for library code and
generated code.

This gives me excitement like older D releases used to feel
again, as well as in the forums real usage of D in projects or
samples instead of pointless discussions seem to also be gaining
more popularity again.

Can't wait for the full release, gonna try out using new features
from this beta one already.