DMD on Linux?

John Demme me at teqdruid.com
Mon Apr 2 19:31:07 PDT 2007

Cristian Vlasceanu wrote:

> John Demme Wrote:
>
>> I was debugging a program built with DMD 1.010 the other day and Zero
>> appeared to be finding the source files fine, though.  I'm using Zero:
>> Zero (v1.5.41 Jan 31 2007 12:40:08)
>> The Linux Application Debugger (Linux 2.6.19-gentoo-r2/x86_64)
>> root at capetown
>
> Very strange, indeed DMD 1.010 seems to work fine on one Ubuntu x86_64
> installation, but it acts up on my Mandriva 2007 and Suse 10.0 systems.
>
> As for the stack trace problems, what is the behavior that you are seeing
> in Zero?
>
> Thanks
>    Cristian

One of two things:
-The current stack frame is shown correctly (except the symbol name is not
demangled) and the next frame will be 000000000002 (or some other low
number) then ???.  These are the only two stack frames shown
-Also, sometimes the same thing happens, but the second line is a line in
some system library.

Additionally, if I open a file by hand after loading a program, I can't set
a breakpoint in it.  If I step into a function in that file, it opens
another tab with the same file and I'm able to set breakpoints only in that
one.  I'd be nice if there was a dropdown or something with a list of all
the files the program refers to and I can select them to open them.

--
~John Demme
me at teqdruid.com
http://www.teqdruid.com/