DWARF output, type of char[]?

Tue Apr 3 13:54:44 PDT 2007

Cristian Vlasceanu wrote:
> I have verified this, with 1.010, ulong and char[] are indistinguishable in the DWARF.
>
> My personal preference is to have it represented as a struct.

A struct doesn't tell you how much of the data at .ptr is valid.
IMHO, for '-g' (native-D debugging info) it should be a special type.
(Assuming DWARF supports language-specific types, is that the case?)
That way, D-aware debuggers can for example pretty-print char[] strings
as regular strings instead of (size_t, char*) pairs.
For '-gc' (pretends-to-be-C debugging info) a struct should probably be
used though.