Request: add a flag to get ddbg_gdb behavior

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Wed Apr 4 11:01:03 PDT 2007

Renaming the exe to get different behavior is a neat trick, and I know
it is relatively common in the Unix world.  It makes sense there because
symlinks are rock solid.  However, in Windows it means I have to make a
copy of the exe every time I upgrade ddbg.  I'm not worried about the
tiny bit of disk space the extra copy uses, but just the annoyance
factor.  Anyway, I see no real advantage to typing 'ddbg_gdb' vs 'ddbg
-gdb'.

I think there was also one person who accidentally re-named ddbg as
ddgb_dbg or something like that, and couldn't figure out why the
integration with Code::Blocks wasn't working.  If that were a flag the
program could raise an error saying '-dbg is not a recognized flag'.
But it would be a bad idea to raise an error about the program name
itself not being what you expected.

--bb