D language support in Zero -- update

Cristian Vlasceanu cristian at zero-bugs.com
Wed Apr 18 15:54:00 PDT 2007

Hi Walter,

Is dmd 1.011 "official" yet?

I will be releasing soon new builds of Zero, with:

1) full support for dynamic arrays (including slicing, only that the
syntax is not [low..high] but [low:high] for compatibility with other
parts of the expression evaluator);

2) sketchy support for associative arrays (i.e. debugger shows the type
and the number of elements , but not a full "unwinding" of the
associative arrays, nor will expression evaluation of myArray[myKey]
work -- for now).

Also: I saw that David Anderson
(http://reality.sgiweb.org/davea/dwarf.html) has a new libdwarf release
out, to include some Sun Microsystems extensions. My next ZeroBUGS
release will include those changes. From what I see, there's no overlap
between said Sun extensions and the D Language extensions for dynamic
and assoc arrays, but an extra pair of eyes would not hurt.

Best,
   Cristian