Is there an IDE with a working graphic debuger under Linux ?

lalebarde l.alebarde2 at free.fr
Wed Aug 29 01:59:54 PDT 2007

Hello,

I want to start a new project with D. I have installed both dmd and gdc under my gentoo (gcc with use flag D for the last). From my research, it appears only codeblocks and eclipse deal with D. I have installed codeblocks. D projects are proposed,  there are configurations both for dmd and gdc. It sounds ok.

At compilation, only gdc is working. It is not an issue for me since at this step, I don't care using one or the other.

Debugging fails. I made some research on the web, found the patches for gdb 6.3, 6.4, 6.5 at http://dsource.org/projects/gdb-patches/, modify the gdb6.5-r2  ebuild to apply the 6.5 patch (inspired from http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=979), force this release to be compiled. I checked the patches are correctly applyed.

Debugging behave and fails the same : the line where I set a breakpoint is not highlighted when the program is stopped there. Running line by line does not work (behave like a resume), some breakpoints are not seen.

I spent more time on the web and found here - http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=digitalmars.D.debugger&article_id=247 -  that codeblocks have problems with d debugger.

So, my question is : What IDE most suit D, with working graphic debugger ?