ddbg 0.3

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Mon Feb 26 16:00:49 PST 2007

Stepping through loops works now, but the counter variable does not get
updated in the list of watches.  Wait...<tests further> that's not
exactly true.

It doesn't get updated in this situation:

     // during first loop it's ok
     for (int i = 0; i< s.blip.length; i++) {
         s.blip[i] = i;
     }
     // but here i doesn't get updated in watch window
     for (int i = 0; i< s.blip.length; i++) {
         s.blip[i] = i*2;
     }

Declared outside of the for scope, it's ok:
     int i;
     for (i = 0; i< s.blip.length; i++) {
         s.blip[i] = i;
     }
     for (i = 0; i< s.blip.length; i++) {
         s.blip[i] = i*2;
     }

Also inout values seem to show up as void*.  Is there a way to cast a
variable in CodeBlocks' watch list?  I tried  (int*)myptr but CB says
"invalid expression".  I also tried cast(int*)myptr, not really
expecting that to work, but hoping, and it didn't work either.

--bb