ddbg_gdb with emacs

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Tue Feb 27 11:33:51 PST 2007

Here's some additional info I've found.

You probably already realized this, but this output
"  C:/tmp/mingwdbg/hello.c:22:496:beg:0x401322"
is also generated with the --fullname, which you're already supporting
(actually you're generating --fullname output whether or not the flag is
supplied :-P)

So I'm not sure why it doesn't already work.  The only difference I can
see is that you omit the filename.
"  :22:496:beg:0x401322"

and maybe emacs needs that filename there.

Can you try just adding the full filename to that output string?

That should enable emacs to at least display the current source line.

Unfortunately I discovered there's another file called gdb-ui.el that
implements most of the other nifty features of the gdb mode, like
showing breakpoints etc.  It is triggered by finding "\n  prompt" in the
output after "(gdb)" which is something --annotate prints.

The extended processing relies pretty heavily on the specific format of
--annotate=3 output.
Here's a url for gdb-ui.el for the record: http://tinyurl.com/25b6gw
Specifically the thing to look for is the function
   (defun gud-gdba-marker-filter ... )

--bb