ddbg_gdb with emacs

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Tue Feb 27 12:41:37 PST 2007

Jascha Wetzel wrote:
> ah, ic!
> the missing filename isn't an output format issue. C::B requires the
> full pathname, so i try to find it using the source search paths that
> have been set with the "directory" command. if ddbg can't find the
> absolute path, it doesn't output any filename - that's going to be fixed
> in the next release.
>
> hm, all these different GDB output formats are pretty annoying. any
> chance to make emacs work with GDB/MI (Machine Interface)?

 From gdb-ui.el:

;; GDB developers plan to make the annotation interface obsolete.  A new
;; interface called GDB/MI (machine interface) has been designed to replace
;; it.  Some GDB/MI commands are used in this file through the CLI command
;; 'interpreter mi <mi-command>'.  A file called gdb-mi.el is included with
;; GDB (6.2 onwards) that uses GDB/MI as the primary interface to GDB.
It is
;; still under development and is part of a process to migrate Emacs from
;; annotations to GDB/MI.

But my emacs (GNU Emacs 22.0.93.1) doesn't have such a thing, and
MinGW's gdb (that I just downloaded) says it's version 5.2.1.

However, making it work sounds like it may be as easy as downloading the
gdb-mi.el file and throwing it in one's site-lisp directory.
     http://tinyurl.com/yo2bq8
The comment in that file says it will work with emacs 22.x.

--bb