ddbg_gdb with emacs

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Wed Feb 28 12:43:31 PST 2007

Jascha Wetzel wrote:
> if it's just for these few changes - they will be in the next release.
> if i'll have to put a larger amount of work into the CLI issue, i'd
> really prefer implementing GDB/MI. besides the fact that something like
> GDB/MI is the most reasonable way to solve the problem, eclipse/cdt
> supports it as well.

If you fix the filename part of the --fullname status output string,
that should at least make emacs able to track the current line for now,
which is better than nothing.

Sinking a bunch of time into emulating --annotate output is probably a
bad idea though, since emacs, the gdb team, and the rest of the world
are moving away from it.

I don't know why M-x gdbmi wasn't working for me (with the real gdb 6.2)
but I suspect that'll get fixed eventually).

--bb