Can't get ddbg to work in Code::Blocks

Patrick Byrne pbyrne at frontier.co.uk
Fri Mar 30 05:14:11 PDT 2007

[ re-posted from digitalmars.D newsgroup ]

I have Code::Blocks installed (looks ace)
Selected (default) compiler is 'Digital Mars D compiler'
- compiler settings has 'add symbolic debug info [-g]' checked
- linker settings has, under 'Other linker options', '-g'
   - Tool chain executables
     - debugger is ddbg_gdb.exe (and I copied ddbg.exe to
       c:\dmd\bin\ddbg_gdb.exe)
'debugger initialization commands' is blank

When I try to step in to my 'hello world' program I get:

Building to ensure sources are up-to-date
Build succeeded
Selecting target: Debug
Adding source dir: c:\d\dmd\bin
Adding source dir: c:\d\hworld\
Adding source dir: c:\d\hworld\
Adding file: bin\Debug\hworld.exe
Starting debugger: done
Registered new type: wxString
Registered new type: STL String
Registered new type: STL Vector
Setting breakpoints
Program exited
Debugger finished with status 0

...the program runs fine on the command line.

Any ideas, please?

-P