DDBG and Poseidon

Lester L. Martin II Lester at ewam-associates.com
Sun Nov 25 15:30:46 PST 2007

Lester L. Martin II Wrote:

> Jascha Wetzel Wrote:
>
> > Lester L. Martin II wrote:
> > > Ok It happens on XP and only when I use Poseidon to try and Debug this.  I'm using 0.11 preview.
> >
> > thanks, i'll look into it.
>
> ok, thankyou, but remember it may not be your problem.  It all works fine under code::blocks; its just Poseidon that's having problems using the debugger.

Hey,

I just figured out it isn't a posiedon problem.  I tried ddbg seperately and found same error.  Well it does have something to do with the way Poseidon puts the program together vs the way Code::Blocks does it.  Try and compile the file with linking(eg no separate compilation and linking) and pass this flag to dmd : -L+-g; instead of linking with -g this should do the same(I'm not sure though and this may be my problem.).  If you know how Code::Blocks compiles the project and the way it differs from Poseidons way of building the project or lack of adding -g to the linker command then I think you'll be well on you way to figuring out the bug.  Thankyou for all your help and let me know if it is a -L+-g instead of link $ -g problem.  If you have any questions about the above then please let me know since I put this together quickly and it may sound non-coherent.

Lester L. Martin II