[ddbg] - Error after the process is terminated

Jascha Wetzel firstname at mainia.de
Tue Oct 9 13:24:06 PDT 2007

Simen Haugen wrote:
> I get this error when the debugger exists, and some breakpoints won't
> work...

can you give me what i need to reproduce the breakpoints that don't work?

> I'm also redirecting stdout in my program and writes to a file, but now
> nothing gets written to disk. I was doing this before too, but then
> everything worked, so I don't know if that could be the problem.

it worked before what?

> Process terminated
> ->OUTPUT DEBUG STRING:
> SXS: Unable to resolve storage root for assembly directory
> x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.2600.2982_x-ww_ac3f9c03
> in 2 tries
>
> OUTPUT DEBUG STRING:
> SXS: RtlGetAssemblyStorageRoot() unable to resolve storage map entry.
> Status = 0xc0150004

these errors are output by the side-by-side assembly routines (SXS) via
the output debug string interface. that is, some DLL sends a string to
the debugger for display to the user (of the debugger). therefore they
are application errors. the fact that they appear after the process
termination has to be related to how these the win32 debugging
facilities cooperate with the SXS.