[ddbg] finding source files

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Thu Sep 13 23:08:35 PDT 2007

What's up with finding source files in ddbg?

What I do most for testing is run my program.
If it crashes, I run it again inside ddbg.
It crashes again and then I type 'ps'.

At that point it pretty much always tells me "source file for current
location unknown".  Ok, so that's probably because I'm on the wrong
frame (I'd think even then it should print out the topmost frame that
does have source).  But if I 'f 2' to get to what should be my code it
*still* says 'source file for current location unknown'.

'lsm' though, tells me all the files just fine.

If I set a breakpoint and run to that, though, 'ps' works.

Any chance listing could be made to work without having to set breakpoints?

--bb