Debuggers for D

Michael Coupland mcoupland at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 17:28:18 PST 2008

In an ideal world there would also be a full "stack trace" of
information where the mixin was used... The more complex metaprogramming
becomes, the more important it is to be able to (easily!) debug the
compilation process itself.

I don't pay too close attention to the D community, and clearly runtime
debugging support is a higher priority, but is
mixin/template/metaprogramming debugging on anyone's radar at all? It's
nice to have powerful metaprogramming support in D, but if the only way
to debug a wacky template is via compiler error messages, it's just as
bad as having to debug a normal program only using crash stack traces.