cv2pdb 0.12 released

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Tue May 18 11:21:40 PDT 2010

Hi Alex,

Alex Makhotin wrote:
> Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>>
>> cv2pdb is a converter of DMD CodeView debug information to PDB debug
>> format to make it accessible to current Windows tools
>
> Hi,
>
> dsource.org is not responding for me.
> However I was able to download it at night time.
> First when run it reported that it needed the mspdb80.dll
> Copied the dll to the directory where cv2pdb extracted.
> Then the next error: cannot create PDB file.
> I wish it could be more descriptive.

cv2pdb normally uses the VS registration path to locate the DLL and its
dependent files.
mspdb80.dll itself depends on the mspdbsrv.exe which needs at least
msobj80.dll, mspdbcore.dll and msvcr90.dll (this is what process
explorer tells me).

please post, if you can isolate the necessary files, so I can update the
project-site with the information.

> Rainer, thank you for the utility.
> I'll look into the source on what may cause the error on my Windows 7.

windows7 should not be a problem, but it does not work with vs2010, as
it provides only an incompatible mspdb100.dll.

> Are you still working on the utility?

yes, cv2pdb is now also installed with VisualD, where the installation
is done automatically. There have not been a lot of changes to cv2pdb
lately, though.