Running DMD in GUI Debugger: Getting Started?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Dec 1 14:55:26 PST 2011

Heh, yea, I guess it's been faaaar too long since I've used C/C++ or
debuggers (dealing with lots of oddball platforms has gotten me accustomed
to printf debugging), because this is one hell of a newbie question...

How do I get started with running DMD in a debugger in Windows? I'm thinking
like Visual Studio, but any GUI debugger will do (hmm, actually, even a GUI
debugger on Linux would be fine, too).

Normally I would just load up the Visual Studio project and hit "debug". But
DMD uses a makefile and DMC instead of a Visual Studio project and MS's C
compiler. There's the "Attach to process", but that won't do me much good
with a quick cmdline app like DMD if I'm not already in the debugger with a
breakpoint set.