Running DMD in GUI Debugger: Getting Started?

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Thu Dec 1 16:24:34 PST 2011

You can use cv2pdb with option -C on the dmc-compiled dmd to generate a
pdb file and then use the Visual Studio debugger.

I use a VS makefile project for dmd. It allows you to start dmd in the
debugger. If you add all the sources to the project, you also get
intellisense on the source this way.

I recently created a pull request for dmd that actually compiles with VS
and gives you an even better debugging experience:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/516