D globals in gdb

Mihail Zenkov mihail.zenkov at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 00:01:37 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 4 April 2012 at 01:23:34 UTC, Martin Krejcirik
wrote:
> On 3.4.2012 9:40, simendsjo wrote:
>>> Can't reproduce. With gdc and dmd-2.058 I have correct
>>> result. GDB-7.3
>> I cannot reproduce this on dmd-2.059 trunk either.
>
> Interesting. I'm using dmd 2.058 binary (.zip) on debian
> squeeze 32bit,
> gdb-minimal 7.3-1~bpo60+1 from backports. Even tried to compile
> gdb 7.4,
> but still the same behavior.

I also use dmd-2.058/linux/bin32/dmd.
1. Try compile without options, just 'dmd tls.d'
2. How you set break point in the end of program? Try add this
hack:
int *p = null;
*p = 5;
It segfault you program and you can check  backtrace and variable
state.