Debugger options

Gyula Gubacsi gyula.gubacsi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 02:31:13 PST 2012

Hi,

Can somebody update me on how the compiler/debugger implementations
are going on the 3 main platforms? What are you using, which is the
most useful for D applications? To my knowledge, the situation is like
this:
* Windows: DMD-> producing CodeView debug info format. -> No GDB support.
                  Old version of WinDBG is in the D bundle.
                 GDC ?
* Linux: DMD/GDC-> producing DWARF debug info format -> Very limited
GDB support as GDB has no explicit D support. How does that work with
the C style debug info? Is both GDC and DMD reliable on producing
correct debug info?
* Mac: I have no experience on this platform but the situation must be
something similar to Linux.
32/64bit: Are there any limitation if the executable is 64bit?

Could someone fill the gaps for me?

Thanks

Gyula Gubacsi