Associative arrays not displayed in debugger

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Tue Feb 28 00:16:47 PST 2012

On 26.02.2012 04:56, Andrew wrote:
> I'm not sure if here is the right place for this, but: I'm debugging a
> D program using Mago running under Visual D. It doesn't show the
> contents of watched associative arrays and I can't figure out how to
> make it do so. Google has been unhelpful.
>
> I can switch to the VS debugger and it will show the internals, but the
> view is...highly nonoptimal, to say the least.

With the visualizer macros in autoexp.dat, the VS debugger shows an
associative array something like this:

aarray
+ [0] <key1, value1>
+ [1] <key2, value2>
+ [2] <key3, value3>
+ [3] <key4, value4>

I think this is pretty alright. (See also the tooltip shown here:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/visuald/browser/wiki/debug.png )

If this does not work for you, I expect that the Visual D installer
failed to patch autoexp.dat correctly.