Put Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX200V 1080p MTS t iMovie without problems

lydia622520 lydia622520 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 17:30:28 PST 2013

http://www.brorsoft.com/how-to/transcode-sony-cyber-shot-dsc-hx200v-avchd-to-imovie.html

The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V ($479) is a high-end superzoom
camera that does just about everything imaginable. Whether you're
talking about its built-in GPS, 360 degree panorama maker, 10 fps
burst shooting, instant HDR photos, or 1080/60p videos, the
HX200V has nearly every bell and whistle ever created. To top it
off, it features the highest resolution sensor in a compact
camera (18 Megapixel, which may or may not be a good thing) as
well as one one of the most powerful zoom lenses (30X).

I have a Sony CyberShot DSC-HX200V and I shot video using the
AVCHD setting, but i can't import the file to my Mac. I am
running OS 10.7.5 on an iMac 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5. I have
up-to-date versions of iMovie and iPhoto. Neither of these
programs will recognize the file. I tried importing using Final
Cut and Adboe Premiere Pro as well, but with no success. Is there
another way to import this file? Am I missing something? What do
you suggest?

Have you met the above similar issue? The HX200V recorded 60p
AVCHD is unsupported by iMovie up to now. In fact 1080 60p is a
nonstandard format, it is can't be recognised by almost Mac Video
Editing Softwares, including iMovie 11. How to make Sony
Cyber-Shot DSC-HX200V footages compatible for iMovie anytime? The
best way is to encode video to AIC, the iMovie's best suitable
format. The best AVCHD to AIC Converter is recommended by some
professional forums, which is devoted to transcoding AVCHD
mts/m2ts files to most common edit tools. Below is the simple but
useful guide for you.

Tip: This kind of MTS Converter for Mac not only can make your
video editable in iMovie, but also can help you to edit your
videos in other common editors,such as FCP, FCE, AdobePremiere
and so on.

Step 1: Install and run the best MTS Converter for Mac you have
found. Add Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX200V footages to the converter.

Step 2: Click "iMovie and Final Cut Express-Apple InterMediate
Codec(AIC)(*.mov)" as the best format for editing AVCHD MTS files
in iMovie smoothly.

Tip: You can tap the "Browse" button on the main interface to
choose the place where you want to save your converted file on
your mac.

Step 3: You can click "settings" to customize the output video's
parameters, adjust the video soze, audio/video bitrate as you
want. PS: video size should be 1920*1080, video frame rate should
be 30fps.

Tip: If the clips are recorded as 50fps(PAL), then 25 frame rate
is the best choice for you.

Step 4: Click conversion button to start transcoding Sony
Cyber-Shot DSC-HX200V 60p AVCHD to AIC. When the conversion is
completed, you can get the final output files effortlessly.

Now, you can put and edit Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX200V footage in
iMovie without any incompatible problem.

Related guides:
Ingest Sony HX200V AVCHD 1080p files to FCP by AVCHD to ProRes
Conversion
Edit Sony HDR-XR350V AVCHD in iMovie & Export to iDVD for burning
Convert DSC-HX9V 108060p AVCHD to 30p MOV for iMovie '11
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS19 Transfer problem with iMovie 11
Take Panasonic HC-V720/HC-V520 AVCHD to Mac for playing/editing
Reformat video to BlackBerry Z10 best video format MP4
Editing Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX200V 60p AVCHD in iMovie