How to Transfer Canon C300 MXF to Mac Premiere Pro CS6

jacknjchn jacknjchn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 01:11:10 PDT 2013

http://www.brorsoft.com/how-to/solve-canon-c300-mxf-to-adobe-premiere-pro-cs6-issues-mac.html

convert Canon C300 MXF to H.264 MOV for Premiere Pro on OS X
Mountain Lion. Free try to edit MXF from Canon C300 in Adobe
Premiere Pro CS6.

Canon EOS C300 is an old but still popular professional HD
camcorder. It adopts the industry-standard MPEG-2 Long GOP 4:2:2
Codec (Canon XF Codec, MXF), unleashing the power of Super 35mm
CMOS sensor and HD video lens. Supporting a maximum recording bit
rate of 50Mbps, C300 delivers professional film-standard quality
in a compact size. Also, 4:2:2 color sampling offers twice the
volume of color data, doubling the level of color resolution.,
minimizing jagged edges to ensure ample quality for chroma key
composition and color corrections.

You must be satisfied with the HD MXF recordings when playing.
The MPEG-2 MXF is a high compression format that make it to be
difficult to be supported by some softwares. Lucklily, some
plugins have been released to make the MXF videos from C300
playable. However, if you are Mac OS X Mountain Lion users, you
are likely to be disappointed with the format or your Mac system.
I believe you have known that Mac OS X Mountain Lion had been
altered. As far as I know almost Mac OS X Mountain Lion computers
couldn't work well with its softwares, like Adobe Premiere Pro
CS6.

Hi, I seem to be having an issue with Premiere Pro playback.
At the moment, I'm looking through a rough assemble I've done on
a PPro sequence and then the playback will start getting choppy.
The only solution seems to be rebooting PPro, which is obviously
very frustrating. The footage is C300 files, stored on my RAID.
Why is this happening? My system details are as follows:
   My system details are as follows:
MBP early 2011, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD
6TB Pegasus R6 RAID connected via Thunderbolt
30" ACD
Mac OS 10.8.2, PPro 6.0.1
Another issue I had which is more annoying that anything is that
when I imported the rushes from my C300, PPro decided to import a
fairly long (80") interview as loads of separate .MXF files
RATHER than joining them together, which FCP seemed to have no
problem in doing...How do I sort that out?

To solve the incompatible trouble, you'd better change Canon C300
MPEG-2 MXF to a native format for importing to PPro CS6. To get
the best quality with 5.1 sound, you can MXF to MPG. If you also
want to play it with QuickTime, you can reformat MXF to MOV. If
you encode Canon XF to WMV, you can get a smaller file for
quickly editing. If you choose the professonal MXF Converter for
Mac Mountain Lion, you not only can transcode MXF video to MOV,
MPG, WMV, you also can batch convert MXF clips to ProEs for FCP,
AIC for iMovie/FCE, ect with included Profiles. I believe itcan
give you a big help. Below is easy guide on MXF to Premiere's
native formats conversion .

These are quoted words from one C300 user who seems to face the
Canon C300 to Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 issues on Mountain Lion.
There’s doubt that some other C300 users have met the similar
troubles. The MXF files from Canon C300 are a bit hard to handle
no matter during importing or playback. If you’ve met the
trouble, the best solution is to convert C300 MXF to MPEG-2 or
WMV format for use in Adobe Premiere CS6. You can follow the easy
steps below.

Step 1: Go to download and install the professional Canon C300
MXF Converter for Mac. This software can help you convert Canon
C300 MXF to Premiere supported format on Mac without quality
loss. If you need to run on windows, please download MXF
converter for Windows.

Step 2: Hit the Format box and select Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas
--> MPEG-2(*.mpg), WMV(VC-1)(*.wmv) or MOV(AVC)(.mov) as output
format.

Step 3: Click on "Settings" to redefine output quality. You can
also set a different video resolution
(1920x1080/1440x1080/1280x720/720x480), frame rate (24p/30p),
bitrate, audio channels, etc. For users who would like to retain
exactly the same settings (without any quality loss), set target
settings the same to source video.

Step 4: Click "Convert" to start transcode C300 MXF to MPEG-2/WMV
for Adobe PP CS6 editing on Mac OS X 10.8(Mountain Lion).

After conversion, please click "Open" to find the exported video.
Then, you can copy the converted file to Adobe Premiere Pro CS6]
for playback and editing without any obstacle.

Related guides:
Convert Canon EOS C300 MXF to Adobe PPro CS6 video formats
Editing Canon C300 MXF in Avid Media Composer
Convert Canon C300 1080i MXF files to AIC for iMovie
onvert Canon C300 1080i MXF to AIC for editing with FCE
Transfer/Import Canon EOS C300 1080i MXF to Sony Vegas Pro
Add JVC GZ-VX700 AVCHD recording to FCP for editing
Import and Edit Canon XF305/XF300 MXF in FCP X
Install Canon C300 MXF footages into Adobe PP CS3/CS4