Problem Debugging with ibuclaw's GDB

"Nordlöw" per.nordlow at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 09:35:54 PST 2014

I have successfully built and installed ibuclaw's gdb branch on
github on my Ubuntu 13.10 x86_64 with its default compiler gcc
4.8.1.

I had to remove the file ld from the bin sub directory otherwise
dmd complains about a sysroot thing in link phase.

When I then compile my test program and run through gdb I have
problems.

I can do `break main`

but when I do `next` I get the following output

   Single stepping until exit from function main,
   which has no line number information.
   0x00007ffff760ede5 in __libc_start_main () from
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6

Isn't ibuclaw's gdb supposed to work here?

My test program was compiled as

dmd -debug -g -gs -unittest -wi -main  ~/Work/justd/t_msgpack.d
/home/per/Work/justd/dbg.d /home/per/Work/justd/msgpack.d
-of/home/per/.emacs.d/auto-builds/dmd/Debug-Boundscheck-Unittest/home/per/Work/justd/t_msgpack

without any warnings nor errors.

Further when I do `b ` followed by tab, most of the symbols in
the completion list are not demangled. For example

D main
Exception.classinfo$
Exception.init$
Exception.vtbl$
Object.Monitor.interface$
Object.classinfo$
Object.init$
Object.vtbl$
TypeInfo.classinfo$
TypeInfo.init$
TypeInfo.vtbl$
TypeInfo_AAya.init$
TypeInfo_APS3std8datetime13PosixTimeZone14TransitionType.init$
TypeInfo_APxS2rt3aaA5Entry.init$
TypeInfo_APxS6object10ModuleInfo.init$
TypeInfo_APyS3std8datetime13PosixTimeZone6TTInfo.init$
TypeInfo_AS2rt15deh_win64_posix9FuncTable.init$
TypeInfo_AS3std3uni17CodepointInterval.init$
TypeInfo_AS3std4file15DirIteratorImpl9DirHandle.init$
TypeInfo_AS3std4file8DirEntry.init$
TypeInfo_AS3std8datetime13PosixTimeZone10LeapSecond.init$
TypeInfo_AS3std8datetime13PosixTimeZone10TempTTInfo.init$
TypeInfo_AS3std8datetime13PosixTimeZone10Transition.init$
TypeInfo_AS3std8datetime13PosixTimeZone14TempTransition.init$