Problem Debugging with ibuclaw's GDB

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 10 02:07:02 PST 2014

On Thursday, 9 January 2014 at 18:53:46 UTC, Nordlöw wrote:
>> Now with my patches, you can simply use 'start', and gdb will
>> stop at the correct place for you.
>>

> Wonderful!
>
> BTW: Why can't I do `b main`, `r`, `n` like I'm used to in C,
> then?

As I said, `b main` works.  It sets a breakpoint at the C main
function.

> What if I want to set a breakpoint somewhere deep down in the
> call stack and execute to that. Do I always first have to do
> `start`and then `continue` to get to my breakpoint.

No, just set your breakpoint at the location you want and then
`run`

> There also seems to be a bug in the symbol completion
>
>   b std.std TAB complete
>
> but
>
>   b std.stdio TAB
>
> shows nothing and
>
>   b std.stdio. TAB
>
> shows incorrect results.

For the time being I'd suggest putting quotes around qualified
names.
Eg:

     b 'std.std TAB

You have to do it this way because a D-specific expression parser
hasn't been written yet, and the one used for C/C++ doesn't
understand '.' to be a qualified identifier separator. This is
intended to be fixed in the near future.