Debug dmd2 using gdb 7.6 on windxp

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-debugger digitalmars-d-debugger at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 3 11:07:41 PST 2014

On 03.11.2014 15:50, Zaher Dirkey wrote:
> @ljkp
> I retried with the CDB, Not worked, maybe i have bad configuration for
> cdb debugger in CodeBlock. do i need to add like Arguments or
> Initialization commands?

I'm not sure it was obvious but cdb is a command line version of the
Microsoft windows debugger (windbg) and is not compatible with gdb.

Both windbg and cdb should work with dmd compiled executables (after
conversion with cv2pdb for Win32), but I guess these have not been tried
lately because the VS experience is so much better...

You might also be interested in switching the debug engine in the
project settings to "Mago". This is a debug engine written for the D
programming language, so, for example, you don't have to fall back to C
syntax for watch expression.