Debug dmd2 using gdb 7.6 on windxp

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-debugger digitalmars-d-debugger at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 31 04:02:36 PDT 2014

On 31.10.2014 11:31, Zaher Dirkey wrote:
> Failed to install VS2010 i have links to download but icons not appears,
> So i downloaded VS2080 and VisualD (VisualD in c:\programs\visuald),
> Create new D project in c:\temp\testd (no spaces)
> but then i have Error in compiling
>
> ------ Rebuild All started: Project: testd, Configuration: Debug Win32
> ------
> Building Debug\testd.exe...
> "Debug\testd.exe_cv" not created!
> Building Debug\testd.exe failed!
> Details saved as
> "file://c:\temp\testd\testd\testd\Debug\testd.buildlog.html"
> ========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

I guess you are using the VS shell. As explained in the installation
instructions [1], VS 2008 Shell is missing the file msobj80.dll that is
needed for the debug info conversion. You need to extract that from
other products as the Express version.

I rather recommend using the VS 2013 Shell instead, it doesn't need
additional files.

[1] http://rainers.github.io/visuald/visuald/Installation.html