Debug in Eclipse

karl via Digitalmars-d-debugger digitalmars-d-debugger at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 7 07:23:13 PST 2015

I have the same issue, but use Windows and would rather not boot
Linux to use Dlang.
- DMD: I can't understand why dmd precludes DWARF support on
Windows.
- LDC has DLL issues under Windows;  (missing libstdc++-6.dll,
but no replacement version of it has
_ZSt24_throw_out_of_range_fmtPKcz . )
- GDC binaries flying around are "conveniently" missing all vital
DLLs, and mix'n'matching them with binaries grabbed from the old
gcc-4.6.1 mingw/TDM doesn't work-out. Some helpful individuals
published scripts to compile GDC for Windows, but those
turned-out to be of the "works on my machine" variety.

- Visual D seems to require a full VisualStudio license, being a
plugin.
- MonoD/etc rely on GDB, so have same issues as Eclipse.

- WinDBG, prepackaged with dmd is unwieldy and shows no backtrace
with dmd -g or dmd -gc :
> 0018fcf8  00406f00  0x7781c42d

TL;DR  Seems like Dlang is only usable on Linux, or with a pricey
VisualStudio subscription :( . I'll try to hack DMD to emit
DWARF, or play more with LDC/GDC building :(.