Debug in Eclipse

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-debugger digitalmars-d-debugger at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 12 05:50:53 PST 2015

On Saturday, 7 February 2015 at 15:23:15 UTC, karl wrote:
> TL;DR  Seems like Dlang is only usable on Linux, or with a
> pricey VisualStudio subscription :( . I'll try to hack DMD to
> emit DWARF, or play more with LDC/GDC building :(.

There are several options available:

- You can use -m64 or -m32mscoff, in which case the MS linker
will be used, which will generate PDB files. These are read
natively by WinDbg and Visual Studio.
- You can use cv2pdb to convert -m32 CodeView debug info to PDB
files.
- Some debuggers (Mago, DDbg) support CodeView natively. DDbg is
no longer maintained, though.