Most reliable debugging experience for LDC

Sam via Digitalmars-d-debugger digitalmars-d-debugger at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 27 06:48:30 PDT 2016

I've tried to get de-mangling, line numbers and local variables
working on OS X and Linux using both GDB and LLDB (multiple
versions). My target is compiled with -g. So far, none of the
variants work across all areas, although some produce de-mangled
names and others produce line numbers (but mangled names).

I believe none of the variants produced local variables - OS X
might have done under one configuration but currently I need to
debug a live process on Linux. This is the most important part
for me, because I can piece together the other information from
other debugger executables if really necessary.

I have recently tried LLDB 3.4.2, LLDB 3.8, GDB 7.6.1 and GDB
7.11. LDC was compiled with LLVM/Clang 3.8. Target program has
some non-D code - compiled using system GCC (4.8.5) - but the
frame in question is D code.

Is there currently any debugger that can show local variables for
LDC 1.0.0 on Linux? What is the most reliable one in general (to
investigate further)?