Debugging D in windows

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-debugger digitalmars-d-debugger at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 17 02:24:10 PDT 2016

On 16.06.2016 22:56, moe wrote:
> On Thursday, 16 June 2016 at 07:40:17 UTC, moe wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 15 June 2016 at 21:05:43 UTC, moe wrote:
>>> Thanks for the info! I will try it tomorrow, when I have some time
>>> and give some feedback then.
>>
>> Ok, I have tried your suggestions. And I also followed these
>> instructions: http://dlang.org/dmd-windows.html#environment
>>

>> I can't get passed this error:
>> LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'LIBCMT.lib'
>> --- errorlevel 1104
>>
>> I have also tried to change the environment variables to:
>> LIB=C:\dmd2\lib;\dm\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
>> 10.0\VC\lib\amd64
>>
>> so that a path to the 'LIBCMT.lib' is included.
>>
>> I still seam to be missing something, but I can't figure out what. Can
>> you give me one more hint?
>

> I still can't get past this error. It might be worth mentioning that the
> problem only occurs when building for 64bit with the -m64 flag. Is this
> a known issue? Does D have problems with 64bit on windows?

The 64-bit version uses the linker and the runtime of the Visual C
installation.

Check the [Environment64] section in sc.ini in the dmd2\windows\bin
folder: it should set the LIB environment variable to the library folder
of your Visual C installation. The dmd installer usually does this
automatically, but might have failed for some reason or you have opted
out of detecting it. In the latter case you should open the "VS x64
Native Tools Command Prompt" to invoke dmd.