mago-mi: Mago debugger GDB MI compatible interface

Vadim Lopatin via Digitalmars-d-debugger digitalmars-d-debugger at puremagic.com
Tue May 17 01:09:43 PDT 2016

On Monday, 16 May 2016 at 20:49:41 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
> On Friday, 13 May 2016 at 15:28:55 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm working on GDB MI compatible interface for Mago debugger.
>>
>> My fork of Mago:
>>
>> https://github.com/buggins/mago
>>
>> mago-mi project is here:
>>
>> https://github.com/buggins/mago/tree/master/MagoMI/mago-mi
>>
>> Once ready, I'm planning to use it in DlangIDE under Windows.
>> I hope some day it may be used instead of gdb and llvm-mi
>> under Windows by other IDEs which are compatible with GDB MI
>> interface.
>>
>> Current state: has working command line interface, can
>> run/interrupt/step program.
>>
>> Work in progress: setting of breakpoints.
>>

>> Best regards,
>>     Vadim
>
> Status update: Minimally works with DlangIDE.
>
> With DlangIDE you can set Edit/Preferences/Debugger to mago-mi.
> You can run program, set/remove/enable/disable breakpoints,
> step in/over/out, stop execution.
> You can see threads, stack frames.
> Viewing of local variables -- in progress.

Update: local variables display is implemented.
mago-mi now works good with DlangIDE.
If you want to try, prebuilt binaries of DlangIDE + mago-mi + dub
can be downloaded here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/crengine/files/DlangUI/dlangide-v061-magomi-v010-x86.zip/download

Or just use `dub run dlangide`