Visual D structs/classes not showing in debugging (reprise)

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-debugger digitalmars-d-debugger at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 7 10:42:54 PDT 2017

On 06.08.2017 21:41, FoxyBrown wrote:
> [gdk.Event.Event]    D0006: Error: Type resolve failed

This looks like it is showing the derived or the base type. If it is the
former the name is read from memory and it is possible that is not
available in the current binary.

> object at Object    D0002: Error: Syntax error

This looks like you have compiled part of the debug info (e.g. the gtk
libraries) for the VS debugger (that doesn't like '.' in type names so
they are replaced with '@'), but use the mago debugger. Please check the
Compiler->Debug->Debug info option. Unfortunately "suitable for selected
debug engine" doesn't make sense for libraries, so this should be chosen
appropriately.

This could also cause the problem above.