Debugging Visual D using Visual D

Johnson via Digitalmars-d-debugger digitalmars-d-debugger at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 15 17:48:52 PDT 2017

Update:

When attaching I noticed that it was set to automatic(Managed)
and switch it to native and now I do get a listing for VisualD.dll

	VisualD.dll	C:\Program Files
(x86)\VisualD\VisualD.dll	N/A	Yes	Cannot find or open the PDB
file.		149	0.45.1-rc2	12/31/1969 7:00
PM	10000000-1030E000	[18000] devenv.exe

It seems to be loading the release version though and that is
also presenting a problem.

I guess those registry hacks either got reverted or visual studio
is not abiding by them.

Now I think I now what's going on. Maybe my original method of
using the experimental version to load the debug version of
Visual D won't work. Hence a slow and cumbersom process will have
to be used of building Visual D, exiting, copying the files,

I'll try to see if something happened that is making the
experimental visual studio load the installed visual D.

It might be what you said earlier about it still using it. Any
ideas about that?