Problem with BP's

Johnson Jones via Digitalmars-d-debugger digitalmars-d-debugger at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 17 15:41:51 PDT 2017

I was doing something strange ;/

I had code like

mixin(import("Myfile.d"));
CallSomeFunctionInMyFile();

And no BP's could be hit in side the function call. D would say
that there was an error in the symbols for the project.

but making MyFile.d a module(adding module MyFile; at the top)
and doing

import Myfile;
CallSomeFunctionInMyFile();

Allowed the breakpoints to be hit.

I guess this is a related problem with mixin debugging, which
still doesn't work for me. In a sense, it might be a good why to
debug them because the file exists already and one doesn't have
to have it generated by the compiler to debug. This should help
get the symbols and line numbers correct and the line mappings.
Might help make a seemless way to debug them. e.g., any BP's in
Myfile.d have to be translated to the original file they are
mixed in at and vice versa when debugging them(open Myfile D).