cv2pdb: cannot add symbols to module, probably msobj140.dll missing

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-debugger digitalmars-d-debugger at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 20 23:16:49 PDT 2017

On 21.08.2017 05:24, Johnson wrote:
> On Monday, 21 August 2017 at 03:18:38 UTC, Johnson wrote:
>> All of a sudden I'm getting this error. All I did was comment out a
>> huge block of code so I could check something. The code compiles but
>> the pdb conversion gives me that error ;/
>>
>> Uncommenting out the code allows it to work again. I can't see why the
>> code I'm commenting out would give that error ;/
>>
>> Deleting the code also produces the same result.
>>
>> It seems to be in use with GTK and event handlers. The handlers are
>> completely isolated yet are somehow causing the problem.
>>
>> You won't believe this, I'm sure, but
>>
>> //Dialog.addOnDestroy((Widget w) {    });
>>
>> causes the error! Must be some serious bug! Uncommenting allows the
>> code to build fine.
>>
>> I tried restarting visual D with no luck ;/
>
> This just started happening too and a few hours ago I upgraded VS, so
> maybe the msobj140.dll changed and broke cv2pdb?  I copied it to the
> cv2pdb dir so it should have no trouble finding it. I've also cleaned
> the dir. It seems it's doing it on about everything I change. Going to
> reboot to see if that helps.

Unfortunately, the VS2017 15.3.1 update seems to cause quite some
trouble. Bad linker (breaks TLS), bad vcvars*.bat (change current
directory), and this issue, too.

I guess they changed something about the (undocumented) interface to the
respective DLLs.