Visual D no bp's on x64

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-debugger digitalmars-d-debugger at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 11 00:21:31 PDT 2017

On 20.06.2017 02:05, Mike B Johnson wrote:
> On Sunday, 18 June 2017 at 21:02:12 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>>

>> On 18.06.2017 20:25, Mike B Johnson wrote:
>>>
>>> Didn't work ;/
>>>
>>> All I get on the output wndow is
>>>
>>> "
>>> C:\Windows\System32\dbghelp.dll unloaded.
>>> The thread 0x1ea4 has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).
>>> The thread 0x1390 has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).
>>> The thread 0x1ac has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).
>>> The program '[492] Async.exe' has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).
>>> "
>>
>> It seems the debug engine is only attached to the process when it
>> starts terminating. Nothing cut off at the top? Strange.
>>
>> Please try switching to the Visual Studio debug engine on the project
>> debugger configuration page. This still uses mago as the D expression
>> evaluator, but has all the other features of the VS debugger. It's
>> actually the new and preferred way to run the debugger since the last
>> Visual D release, especially with mixed languages.
>
> Doesn't work. Nothing is cut off. the x86 version is loading a bunch of
> symbols so maybe it is just a path issue? Is so then it should print a
> proper error message for it. I'll try to play around with the paths and
> see.

Did you have success debugging your x64 builds? I've committed a small
change to the mago debugger, maybe it helps. There is a new installer
here: https://github.com/dlang/visuald/releases/tag/v0.45.0-rc1

If that still fails: Does debugging a C++ application work? If it does,
you could try exchanging the debug executable in the C++ project with
the D executable and see if that can be debugged.