For.Bin or.Exe files, how does a linker generate line numbers in debug information?

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-debugger digitalmars-d-debugger at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 18 00:48:06 PDT 2017

On 17.06.2017 16:04, moecmks wrote:
> Because I used VS2012 to compile your code.
> There are two major errors that can not be compiled
> @1:Syntax errors during compilation
> @ for partial structure construction, grammatical errors are reported
> If (at = = DW_AT_data_member_location) {
> Stack[stackDepth++] = Location (Location:: Abs, 0, 0);
> }
> @2:Symbolic parsing during link
> @decodeLocation, interpretDWARFLines, and so on functions are not
> implemented

The older project files are no longer maintained, I'm usually compiling
with VS2013.

> @ I went to your project's Github repository, searched for these
> functions, added several.Cpp files added to the VS project, entered,
> compiled successfully, and then cv2pdb, some, EXE, and got the pdb file
> Then I used IDA to load the PDB file and found that not only can I see
> the debug line number, but also the specific source code, which is
> exactly what I want.

I hope I've fixed these files in the repository now, too. I cannot try
it, though, as I don't have VS2012 installed anymore.

> You've got my attention, great programmer!
> I hope I can ask you some questions later 0_0

You're welcome.