Can't set BP in middle of line

Michelle Long HappyDance321 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 16:31:58 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 3 November 2018 at 08:10:37 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
wrote:

> On 30/10/2018 16:21, Michelle Long wrote:
>> statement1; statement2;
>>
>> Would be nice to easily be able to set a BP just on statement2
>> without having to add a new line.
>>

> I haven't seen this with the VS native debugger and C++, so I
> doubt it is feasible.

Supposedly it is possible. When you put a BP it has a "char"
value which is usually set to 1. (you can see it in when you
hover over the BP).

Supposedly setting the value to something else allows one to do
BP's in the middle of lines. It may be only valid for certain
languages though but it is doable in some cases as you can find
information online about people doing it.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36166205/setting-a-breakpoint-in-the-middle-of-a-line-with-multiple-statements

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3952782/setting-break-point-using-source-code-line-number-in-windbg

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3952782/setting-break-point-using-source-code-line-number-in-windbg

So, this should be possible. After all, it's just a "virtual"
problem having to do with whitespace.