debuggers in IDE (IntelliJ)

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Thu Nov 22 05:02:46 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 20 November 2018 at 17:15:47 UTC, Dinich Tibs wrote:
> I am new D, I love it, I want to promote it to big software
> projects.
>
> I cannot figure out how to get debuggers to work with
> IntelliJ/Clion, Atom, VisualStudio.
> I can get the code to compile and execute.
>
> LLDB works well as a debugger, is there a way to make it work
> with IntelliJ?
>
> In my opinion, IDE support is what is holding back D from
> replacing C++.

IntelliJ (and I think that is also true for Visual Studio Code)
can
use any debugger which speaks Gdb MI. That is of course true for
GDB,
but also e.g. the visual studio debug enngine Mago has a Gdb MI
wrapper.

If LLDB also has a Gdb MI interface or someone created a wrapper
it can be used too.

Kind regards
André