Visual D issues

James Japherson JJ at goolooking.com
Thu Oct 11 04:34:49 UTC 2018

I've been having a lot of issues with visual D. I'm not sure if
it's just dysfunctional, has a few bugs, new bugs were
introduced, or what has happened. Some things have always been
like then. I have a potential solution though.

I will invest quite a bit of time documenting the issues I have
using video, pictures and text, explaining why these problems are
bad and even give the source code so you can use it to help fix
these problems.

Most of these problems seem like bugs, some are inadequacies,
some are probably just incomplete features, some may be expected
behavior for some peoples workflow but doesn't work in mine.

If I do this will you be willing to take a serious look in to
these problems and try to resolve them if we can come to an
agreement that they are problems? (and that might simply be that
it is an issue on my side if everything works as they are suppose
to on yours)

Why I'm asking is that I am extremely unproductive in D because
of it's arcane debugging problems that I seem to run in to quite
often. I'm sure if these problems could be fixed(or the major
ones), I'd be far more productive and enjoy the experience more
too.

But there is no point in me doing this if you won't or can't
invest the time(it's not a demand or insult, I just don't want to
waste my time).

I've already brought up many of these problems so you basically
know about them more or less. I realize it's hard to really know
what's going on much less fix them without really seeing the
problem and knowing why it is a problem(most of these problems
have solutions but the solutions/work-arounds are extremely time
consuming compared to what the debugger/ide can do). This is why
I would invest the time to really show these problems in detail
and explain why the alternative is better(and these things are
not arcane issues I have, at least most of them).

I realize some of these problems are not solvable in any
satisfiable sense but some are definitely needed for efficiency.
Some of the harder ones could be long term goals to work on a
little at a time so they eventually get fixed.

Since I'm not proficient and already have too much on my plate, I
can't learn the inner workings of Visual D and try to fix these
things myself, hence why you'll have to do it if you choose to.

Of course, you have none to lose to pretend that you'll invest
your time... but I hope you wouldn't do that to me. No big deal
if you really don't want to or can't. Life is more important, but
if these fixes can persist(not regress) then they should make
programming in Visual D much more friendly for most people that
use it in the future.

Thanks.