How do I debug externally with Visual Studio?

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Sun Oct 21 16:27:24 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 21 October 2018 at 02:12:18 UTC, solidstate1991 wrote:
> The only way I can debug programs is to attach to them after
> they have started, however it's very clunky to use this way,
> some programs even execute too fast to do this way.

* Install VisualD (for mago).
* Open/create a project (any C++ project will do) in VS,
right-click -> Properties, then set the command line in the
'Debugging' settings.
* Right-click on the project again, Debug -> Start new instance.
Make sure to use the config/platform for which you set the
debugging command line.