Which debugger can explain InvalidMemoryOperationError?

Victor Porton porton at narod.ru
Thu Jan 17 20:59:46 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 17 January 2019 at 20:41:27 UTC, Alex wrote:
> On Thursday, 17 January 2019 at 16:37:55 UTC, Victor Porton
> wrote:
>> After main() of my program finishes, I have this error message:
>>
>> core.exception.InvalidMemoryOperationError at core/exception.d(700): Invalid memory operation
>>
>> Which debugger (preferably with a GUI interface) do you
>> suggest to investigate this error?
>>
>> I tried DDD and KDbg.
>>
>> In DDD when I set `catch throw InvalidMemoryOperationError` or
>> `catch throw core.exception.InvalidMemoryOperationError`, the
>> exception is not called nevertheless.
>>
>> In KDbg, I don't see any way to set an exception breakpoint,
>> at all.
>>
>> I use LDC2.
>
> Which operating system do you use? And which compiler version?
> Is this maybe another occurrence of
> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/2820
> ?
>
> If so, do you have a usable minimal example of your code to
> post and try it out?

No, for me my bug is worse than #2820: I do not see any stack
trace. I do not claim that there is a bug in a compiler (actually
I am almost sure that it is my mistake and I do something like
freeing memory twice).

I need help to get a stack trace for the very reason that I do
not want to spend time producing a minimal example, but want to
use a debugger instead.

Ubuntu Linux 18.10.

$ ldc2 --version
LDC - the LLVM D compiler (1.11.0):