Visual D seems to have a new bug

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Tue Oct 1 06:12:42 UTC 2019

On 01/10/2019 06:05, Brett wrote:
> Variables are not showing properly. Specifically the trouble I'm having
> is with this pointers.
>
> I have a simple struct and toString and this shows in the watches/locals
> but it expands to not found:
>
> -        this    0x0000028d3a7d12c8 {0x000000005da0e220}
> -            0x000000005da0e220
>         x    D0001: Error: Expression couldn't be evaluated
>
> simply doing auto This = this;
>
> This works.
>
> I've noticed other weird issues in the watches and locals not showing
> variables.

A test case would be helpful...

I can only suspect that 'this' is stored in some register, but that it
is not reflected in the debug information. It looks like your struct
contains a pointer, maybe the value shown doesn't point to existing
memory? Does `This` show the same pointer values, but proper fields?