Thread names in Visual Studio and Mago

Random D user no at email.com
Wed Sep 18 17:55:43 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 18 September 2019 at 07:30:21 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
wrote:

> On 15/09/2019 20:11, Random D user wrote:
>> I've been trying to set thread names for debugging, but it
>> seems Mago just ignores all names.
>
> SetThreadDescription works for me (in VS2019).
>
> If you are using the visualdproj project, do not use "Mago" as
> the debugger, the "Visual Studio" debugger work better and have
> D support through a mago based expression evaluator extension.

Yes, I'm using VS2019.
Interesting. I indeed have been using Mago (pretty old project
files too).
I did not know that "Mago" was the wrong debugger to use. I think
it used to be so that it was the preferred and more feature
complete (i.e. correct) debugger.

Thanks.
And what it's worth, I think you're doing high value work with
Visual D, much appreciated.