Visual D debugger tuple _expand_field

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Sun Feb 23 17:22:13 UTC 2020

On 20/02/2020 23:03, BetaDamnit wrote:
> _expand_field
>
> takes up a huge amount of space for no reason. I think tuple scan be
> safely listed like arrays. We know they are tuples, no need to display
> _expand_field=, it just takes up a lot of space in the display for no
> reason, specially if there are several elements in the tuple.

This is the result of the compiler lowering the tuple to a number of
variables __<varname>_field_<index>. No info is generated about this
being a structure-like compound.

I have added support to the debugger to recombine these variables to an
expandable array, but it wasn't actually trivial:
https://github.com/rainers/mago/commit/451f856fd70a311460af1153ce1a1647059b5d89

It will be in the next release.